1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, address the guest by name, listen carefully to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
2. Balance the income and allowances for each individual department. Verify the correctness of each guest room rate and adjust as needed.
3. Complete the registration process by obtaining data from the guest and/or reservation print out. Input information via computer or through a manual process. Confirm pertinent information, including number of guests and dates of stay. Confirm room rate visually, do not announce it. Select room in accordance to the guest’s needs, i.e.: number of beds, smoking/non-smoking, ground floor, etc. Provide folders containing room keys, non-verbally confirming the room number. Complete reservation requests utilizing similar format as check in process.
4. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, travelers checks, and other forms of payment. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer or manual system.
5. Promptly answer the telephone, within three rings. Use your name when answering, speak clearly and in a pleasant tone of voice. Take and deliver accurate and timely guest messages, either manually or via the computer system. Deliver mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
6. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ask the guest how they enjoyed their stay. In the event of dissatisfaction or dispute, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.