- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a clear, understandable speaking voice, exercise judgment, respond to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs.
- Promptly and courteously answer telephone calls, take and deliver guest messages as necessary, deliver mail, small packages and facsimiles. Requires continuous sitting, standing and movement throughout hotel.
- Using the telephone, verbally arrange and confirm recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel. Promptly respond to requests for dentists, doctors, child care, florists, etc.
- Register VIP guests per prescribed registration procedures, either manually or through a Property Management System. Promote special marketing programs.
- Distribute printed materials such as brochures of local attractions, restaurants, shops, etc. Requires extending arms, bending and stooping to reach materials on display racks, in drawers or on shelves.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems or direct the guest to the most appropriate person to assist them. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.